In addition to saving direct energy and maintenance costs, industrial LED luminaires also offer some little-known but equally valuable advantages that should play an important role in decision-making. For any retrofitting facility, or considering lighting options for a new building, here are five reasons why LEDs should be preferred.
1) Intelligent control integration. Since HPS and other HID luminaires typically require extended warm-up time to reach full load output, most facilities avoid this by keeping the lights at 24/7 (whether or not they are needed). This will consume excessive unnecessary power and shorten the life of the luminaire.
Industrial LED luminaires have an instant start function that provides full light output once the switch is flipped. And, that doesn't necessarily mean physical switches-smart controls can automatically control and adjust LED fixtures. For example, the occupancy sensor allows the lights to remain off when they are not needed, and turns them on as soon as workers enter the area. The daylight collection sensor uses ambient light to automatically dim the LED luminaire, reducing light output (and energy consumption) to maintain a prescribed level of light without continuous combustion at full power. As more and more companies modernize their facilities automation, only industrial LEDs with intelligent control can achieve this function. HPS is simply impossible.
2) Improve workers' safety, comfort and alertness. Ensuring workers to be vigilant and understand the surrounding environment is a key factor in facility safety. However, the dim and dim light emitted by most HPS lamps in PS not only produces a darker, less active environment, but also makes it extremely difficult to distinguish the colors on warning and information signs and wiring. This poses a significant safety risk, and if they misinterpret warnings or accidentally cut electrical wires, they can put workers at risk.
By providing clear and bright illumination close to daylight quality on the color rendering index (CRI), industrial LEDs provide ideal visual clarity and help workers clearly distinguish colors. Compared with HPS lighting, LED lighting has also been shown to improve trip hazards, reduce discomfort caused by glare, and increase staff alertness and fatigue by 5 times.
Although energy costs and maintenance costs are often the most concerned about the advantages of industrial LED lighting, these are not the only tangible and measurable benefits. When selecting the best light source for a warehouse facility, it is important to consider not only the cost, but also the internal environment and the longevity and environmental impact of the planet Earth, as well as the safety and comfort of the workers.
3) Where more light is needed. Traditional HPS luminaires lack directional lighting and simply cover the entire area in orange light, including racks / shelf and ceiling. This means that a lot of wasted light and energy is simply to get satisfactory lighting where the floor and workflow area are most needed. Even with reflectors, there is still a lot of light going into the wasted space.
On the other hand, industrial LED luminaires can be accurately placed inside the luminaire to accurately guide the light to the required solid-state design of LEDs is not a circular light bulb that glows in all directions, but allows them to be positioned on a circuit board to project light to the optimal adding precision optical lenses, you can dial more LED luminaires and create customizable precise lighting patterns to meet the specific needs of the scene. As a result, wasted light and energy are reduced, and you get a clear, clear vision where you need it most.
4) Reduce impact on the environment. Sustainability is becoming a major concern for most companies. However, traditional HPS lamps are one of the most environmentally friendly light sources on the market. Not only are they very inefficient, they also generate a lot of waste-some of them are dangerous. As millions of HPS bulbs are replaced each year, the discards must be discarded. And, since each HPS fixture contains up to 50 milligrams of harmful mercury-enough to poison the entire children's classroom-they must be considered hazardous waste, which not only increases costs but also increases environmental impact.
It turns out that industrial LED luminaires are more sustainable lighting options in many ways. Not only are they more energy efficient, reducing millions of tons of carbon emissions and other harmful gas emissions, they also significantly reduce lighting waste and contain no harmful substances. By eliminating bulb changes for up to 10 years or more and reducing hazardous waste output, industrial LED luminaires enable companies to achieve sustainable development goals with simple lighting retrofits that are faster and cheaper than making radical production adjustments And more effective.
5) Improved light efficiency reduces the number of lamps. Because of the poor quality of light emitted by HPS lamps, many facilities must "over-illuminate" an area and place the lamps close together to reduce shadows and dark spots. This is especially true for high ceiling environments, where fixtures are installed 40-50 feet or more above the warehouse floor. These high-power lamps not only consume too much power, they are also difficult to maintain, and more lamps mean more maintenance challenges.
LEDs solve this problem and reduce the number of fixtures in most applications. Due to their higher light output at the light source, their precise directional control and clearer white light, many facilities have found that they can replace two HPS lamps with one high-performance industrial-grade LED luminaire. This 2-in-1 upgrade not only drastically reduces energy consumption, but also means fewer luminaires can be purchased, less maintenance wiring and infrastructure, and fewer overhead obstacles can be solved.
By combining all these advantages with savings while eliminating the problems of maintenance and poor light quality, industrial LED luminaires undeniably provide better options for warehouse facility lighting.
Category: industry news , LED High Bay Light News | Tags: led warehouse lighting， led light highbay fixtures， led factory high bay light